What is Crossfit?
CrossFit is a back-to-basics strength and conditioning program. A program that delivers a fitness that is, by design, broad, general and all-inclusive. It combines constant variation, intensity, and functional movements in Workouts of the Day (WODs) to produce dramatic changes in strength, stamina, and body shape.
We don’t use isolation machines or treadmills…we employ dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, olympic lifting, pull up bars, joint mobility, tires, running, complex conditioning, agility drills, plyometrics, rowing, and just about anything else that will increase strength and freedom in your everyday movements. CrossFit movements are functional and based on the natural movements of human beings. In a nutshell, our specialty is not specializing. We prepare you for every day life.
Our style of training is based of the principles of the CrossFit program originally designed by coach Greg Glassman. Check out the “Broad General and Inclusive Fitness” video to see Coach Glassman speak about this topic.
With our program you will optimize your physical competence in each of CrossFit’s 10 recognized fitness domains:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
“That’s great and all…but can I do it? Is CrossFit for me? It looks really hard!”
Yes you can do it. Yes it’s for you. And YES it is hard! But the CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any individual regardless of experience. By scalingload and intensity we’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. We constantly vary the exercises, sets, reps, durations and intensity to provide the maximum stimulus for our clientele. Still think it is too hard? Check out 72-year old Barbara’s story and video…
For a deeper look into CrossFit, check out the articles under Additional Information to the right. These articles explain what CrossFit is built upon, where it aims to take its participants, and why it works.
CrossFit works and it will help you achieve your fitness goals, whether you are a soccer mom or a world class soccer player. The best part…you will never get bored, you will see continual results because, with CrossFit, you will never plateau. And, most importantly…you will have fun!
You can accomplish what you previously thought was impossible!
Still Skeptical? See what our members are saying.
Contact a trainer at email@example.com or 630-452-5148.